Saturday, July 19, 2014

A NEW THING

So I finally took the plunge and tried my hand at Live Painting at my last event.  It wasn't as bad as I thought!  I had worked myself up to an extreme degree, the only other time I have even attempted anything similar was for the recording of my Pioneer Public Television segment and they required shots of me painting.  During that instance I was so nervous I could barely paint at all, mostly just repainting background to look like I was doing something (shh don't tell) I was shaky and unsure.  So with flashbacks of that one try I have been actively avoiding any type of public painting.  After all I would say, it's personal, I have to be in the zone, in my element blah blah blah, excuses.  However with a new art venture on the horizon a good friend of mine has been encouraging me to try again.  So try I did and it wasn't that bad!  I found that it really opened up a new dialogue between me and my fans and people in general about my art.  Many people had questions about what type of medium I was using and why, I was able to show them the layers behind a painting and the story behind a painting.  I think most people really enjoyed it because it exposed them to a new part of the process that they don't usually get to see, I got to show them what was in between the layers of a painting, and me.  That mysterious part between an idea and the finished image.  So after such a good result you can expect to see me live painting at more events and stay tuned for a very important announcement coming soon!
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog- HERE
#Art #Artwork #Outdoor #Livepainting #Painting #pleinair #Local #Downtown #alexandria #mn #Shop #Artist #Wetpaint #WIP #work #mylife #Artlife #Dream #New #wine #artcrawl







No comments:

Post a Comment