Saturday, August 9, 2014

Process | Progress

Today I wanted to give a little spotlight to the actual painting process.  So often I get caught up in taking good photos and posting new art once it is finished or blogging about events etc.  I want to start letting you guys in on more behind the scenes stuff, especially on this blog.  So here are some progress photos of my process with my current painting on easel...
     The process is a very important part of progress.  Everything is broken down into a process whether we realize it or not.  My artwork is no different, every step is important and necessary, no matter how routine, they all lead to the final product.  When painting I often start with a pencil sketch, I then like to add some tone to border or make the figure visible.  Then the layers begin adding detail and color and shadow with each step, going back over and adding highlights and depth, until the
painting is finished.
    When I get ready for a show I have a process, I try to follow a routine.  If I didn't follow a process I would have very little progress.  Over time I will try to be more transparent about my process on this blog, look for sneak peeks, progress photos (as I like to call them) throwbacks of early work and even failed pieces.  So do you follow a process routine?  Does it help you to be more progressive?






#art #artwork #artist #portrait #wip #inprogress #behndthescenes #wetpaint #painting #rikkisneddon #original #process #routine #daily #illustrator #illustration #fineart


No comments:

Post a Comment